ArcelorMittal is the world's leading steel and mining company, with a presence in 60 countries and primary steelmaking facilities in 17 countries. In 2020, ArcelorMittal had revenues of $53.3 billion and crude steel production of 71.5 million metric tonnes, while iron ore production reached 58.0 million metric tonnes. Our goal is to help build a better world with smarter steels. Steels made using innovative processes which use less energy, emit significantly less carbon and reduce costs. Steels that are cleaner, stronger and reusable. Steels for electric vehicles and renewable energy infrastructure that will support societies as they transform through this century. With steel at our core, our inventive people and an entrepreneurial culture at heart, we will support the world in making that change. This is what we believe it takes to be the steel company of the future.
Digital & IT Data is deploying solutions to business stakeholders for topics related to Data, ensuring data sets design for reporting concerns, reporting solutions / support and data science models.
The Functional & Business Analyst ensures that all improvement or transformation projects for information systems deployed in its functional area meet the strategic challenges of the business.
This position is open in Luxembourg, Dunkerque (Hauts-de-France, France), Gent (Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium).
- Support the definition of business needs and estimate the budget:
- Support business stakeholders in defining and formalizing their needs relating to processes/functional areas within their scope of responsibility and translating these needs into system developments and/or new system projects.
- Analyze the impacts of business needs, quantify development requests or projects in collaboration with the various architects and technical analysts to evaluate the necessary budget.
- Write specifications or functional specifications in collaboration with application architects, functional & business analysts to meet the requirements and strategic challenges of the Business.
- If necessary, request and participate in a market study or call for tenders.
- Participate in the definition of the architecture
- Participate in the definition of functional and technical architectures in collaboration with architects, prepare and present, where applicable, implementation scenarios and their respective impacts.
- Manage the evolution of information systems according to changes in business needs and in accordance with the IT strategy.
- Manage the implementation and support the production teams:
- Write and/or validate technical specifications, and evaluate the costs required for implementation. Design and execute test plans to ensure the proper functioning of business processes in information systems.
The Functional & Business Analyst will be interacting with:
- Various business stakeholders within its scope (key users, business project manager, department head, or even more), as part of its projects.
- Project Managers, for monitoring within the framework of the planned governance
- Architects, Analysts and IT developers, to determine the best solution and monitor its development and implementation.
- External service providers (traditional, subcontractors), to manage/coordinate the implementation activities in which they are stakeholders. Helpdesk function, to respond to user requests as part of solution maintenance.
Minimum applicant attribute:
- Min. 5 years experience
- Background in IT, Engineering, Finance or Operations management.
- Excellent communication skills, understanding of steel industry.
- Excellent understanding of IT applications, architecture and systems.
- Experience in data management is a must.
- Project and change management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking and listening skills.
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset and creativity to seek, encourage innovation.
- Strong customer-oriented mindset and real sense of emergency. Fluent in English. Any other European language is appreciated.
Why joining us?
- You are proactive, innovative, curious, and bold. You are willing to understand, challenge and support our business needs
- You want to evolve in a multicultural environment with more than 20 nationalities
- To work in a fast moving, learning and collaborative environment
- You are looking for opportunities to develop and grow.
- With a competitive salary package
Don’t hesitate to apply!
ArcelorMittal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or physical/mental disability.