Goodyear. More Driven.The Opportunity:The Application Developer Consultant is a well-seasoned Information Technology professional, able to apply system-wide responsibility to unique manufacturing projects on a global scale. They will work according to SDLC development practices from requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, industrialization through support.Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design & develop new processes, programs & configuration taking into account the complex interrelationships of system-wide components.
- Provide system-wide support & maintenance for a complex system or business process. Maintain & modify existing processes, programs & configuration through use of current information technology toolsets.
- Troubleshoot, investigate & persist. Develop solutions to problems with unknown causes where precedents do not exist, by applying logic & inference with persistence & experience to see the problem through to resolution. Confer with the stakeholder community on problem determination. Make joint analysis decisions on cause & correction methods. Perform tasks as necessary to ensure data integrity & system stability.
- Complete life-cycle testing (unit & integration) of all work processes` including cross platform interaction.
- Create applications & database with main focus on data collection systems to support Analysis, Data Capture, Design Tools, Library functions, Reporting, Request systems & Spec Systems used in tire development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Language:English is a must. Any other European langueage is an assetExperience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in applying application programming skills to a specific area of the business preferred.
- Experience or passion to learn PHP (Composer, PSR, Slim-Framework), PL/SQL, SQL, ActiveMq/Camel, ExtJs and Linux is key to this role.
- Knowledge include Bash scripting, Database Design, Source Control, Design Patterns, UML, automated testing and DevOps.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Developing an understanding of skills needed in other disciplines, of second business process area & basic cost/benefit analysis method
- Basic organizational, communication & time management skills.
- Participate as an active team member, practice effective listening skills & effective collaboration skills.
- Achieve all information technology objectives through use of approved standards & guidelines.
- Must be capable of working under broad supervision & interacting with user representatives on a regular basis.
- The ability to work not core hours for meetings, support, training, and start-up.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 63,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.