About the RolePlanet are seeking .NET Application Developer to join our Merchant Services Backoffice Team. Our Merchant Service Backoffice team is based at our office in Galway, Ireland but this role is open to those working remote. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team of Developers and QAs.
The Merchant Services organization deliver technology solutions for the Dynamic Currency Conversion and Payment Processing business services. The role will work within the IT software delivery team as part of a team of development professionals, . As a .NET Software Developer you will work on the analysis, design, development and maintenance of Planet Payment solutions, according to business needs and requirements. This role includes working with the Payments Lead Developer and Delivery Manager in scheduling project development deliverables.
What you will do
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Planet Payment solutions & projects.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Delivery Management on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understand of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high qualilty with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc. If issue can’t be resolved an to escalate to the next escalation contact.
- Follow of Planet best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
- Participate fully in the Company’s Performance Management Process
- Working as part of a cross-functional IT delivery team to deliver high quality technology deliverables
- Supporting new and legacy codebases, in particular our French Backoffice system.
Who you are
- Proposes solutions to problems, does not focus on problem
- Considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
- Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and an open mind
- Understands testing practices of modern web-based applications architectures
- Proficient in C#. ,NET, SQL and PHP
- Fluent French
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, promoting collaborative team culture
- Listens to others and ability to interpret product problems and resolution
- Clearly articulate system technical aspects verbally
- Accurately prepares quality documentation that is coherent, effective & professional.
- Displays a positive, pro-active attitude
- Establish relationship with developers and users based on trust and respect
- Sets high standards of self-management to improve agile delivery cadence and velocity
- Drive a continual testing process improvement culture to enhance QA culture
- Manage expectations across delivery team to achieve a high-quality information flow
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members – Thinks Team!
- Demonstrates collaborative approach and encourages team information sharing
- Actively works with scrum masters and delivery management to achieve team goals
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from peers and delivery leadership.
- Actively applies feedback received to daily work and strives to improve performance.
What you will need to bring to Planet
- Fluent French
- 3rd level qualification in a computer related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an Application Development role
- Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (eg. MVC, MVVM)
- Core: PHP, C#, .NET Framework, SQL, API development, GUI Development, Jira, Unit Testing
- Highly Desirable: Azure experience, Azure DevOps, Angular, ReSharper,
- Desirable: Payments experience, highly available APIs,
- Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
We grow together
- You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
- You build the best teams, bringing people together