Currently supporting a key client who are currently undergoing a major digital IT transformation across their DevOps & CRM platforms. As a result, they are looking for an 'Infrastructure & Azure Cloud Engineer for a freelance assignment
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage Applications infrastructure and Servers (about 100 virtual machines) Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Definition and Implementation of work packages to support and maintain the Applications system architecture (software deployment, client rollout, )
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes Fix issues with Applications deployments or configurations
- Support and execute migration of on-premise application landscape to Azure cloud Working on a wide variety of Azure projects (migration, containerization, transformation)
- Writing infrastructure as code (Azure Resource Manager, Terraform)
- On-Call support Second Level on-call support to assist the teams on application or system issues outside office hours.
- Tomcat 7-9 experience
- Hands-on experience with Apache HTTP Server and NGNIX Load Balancing
- Must have experience building software in a CI/CD environment (Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, Microsoft Azure DevOps, etc)
- Experience managing common Azure services (Virtual Machine, Database, Storage, Virtual Network, Azure Resource Manager, Azure Cloud
The role will start off remote due to COVID-19, but once practical it will be based in Luxembourg full time.